Ferris is from the College of Business, University of Missouri-Columbia, Jagannathan is from the School of Management, Binghamton University-SUNY, and Pritchard is from the Law School, University of Michigan. This paper has benefited from the helpful comments and suggestions of Merritt Fox, Richard Lempert, Anil Makhija, Ronald Mann, Mark West, seminar participants at the University of Michigan, University of Missouri-Columbia, Vanderbilt University, and the American Law and Economics Association and the Financial Management Association annual meetings. Pritchard acknowledges financial support from the Cook Fund of the University of the Michigan Law School. The authors alone are responsible for this work and any errors or omissions.
Too Busy to Mind the Business? Monitoring by Directors with Multiple Board Appointments
Version of Record online: 6 MAY 2003
© 2003 the American Finance Association
The Journal of Finance
Volume 58, Issue 3, pages 1087–1111, June 2003
How to Cite
Ferris, S. P., Jagannathan, M. and Pritchard, A. C. (2003), Too Busy to Mind the Business? Monitoring by Directors with Multiple Board Appointments. The Journal of Finance, 58: 1087–1111. doi: 10.1111/1540-6261.00559
- Issue online: 6 MAY 2003
- Version of Record online: 6 MAY 2003
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!