Chan is with the Department of Finance, Hong Kong University of Science and Technology; Hameed is with the Department of Finance and Accounting, National University of Singapore; and Lau is with the Division of Banking and Finance, Nanyang Technological University. We thank an anonymous referee, Linda Allen, David Ding, Rick Green (the editor), Branson Kwok, Thomas McInish, Ingrid Werner, and seminar participants at Cornell University, Hong Kong Baptist University, Hong Kong Polytechnic University, National University of Singapore, University of Wisconsin at Milwaukee, 2000 APFA Meetings (Shanghai), 2001 FMA Meetings (Toronto), and 2002 AFA Meetings (Atlanta) for helpful comments. Chan acknowledges the financial support from the Fund for Wei Lun Fellowships (HKUST), and Hameed acknowledges the support from NUS Research Grant. Part of the work was completed when Chan was visiting National University of Singapore. All errors are our own.
What if Trading Location Is Different from Business Location? Evidence from the Jardine Group
Version of Record online: 6 MAY 2003
© 2003 the American Finance Association
The Journal of Finance
Volume 58, Issue 3, pages 1221–1246, June 2003
How to Cite
Chan, K., Hameed, A. and Lau, S. T. (2003), What if Trading Location Is Different from Business Location? Evidence from the Jardine Group. The Journal of Finance, 58: 1221–1246. doi: 10.1111/1540-6261.00564
- Issue online: 6 MAY 2003
- Version of Record online: 6 MAY 2003
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!