Simaan is at Fordham University, Weaver is at Baruch College, and Whitcomb is at Automated Trading Desk, Inc. and Rutgers University. The authors thank Robert Battalio, Archisman Chakraborty, Bill Christie, Dean Furbush, Ananth Madhavan, Dave Porter, Paul Schultz, Eric Sirri, and participants at the 1999 Western Finance Association, the 1999 Notre Dame Conference on Securities Markets, the 1999 JFI Symposium, the 1999 Accounting and Finance in Tel Aviv Conference, and the Aarhus School of Business, as well as the anonymous referee, for comments and suggestions on previous versions of this paper. Simaan's research was supported by a grant from the Electronic Traders Association (ETA). The data used were supplied by and Whitcomb's research was supported by Automated Trading Desk, Inc. (ATD), of which he is Founder and Chairman. ETA is an association of about 40 order entry firms and others interested in trading via computer, and ATD provides software and services for automated and computer-assisted limit order trading and operates a brokerage subsidiary. The views expressed in this paper are those of the authors and not necessarily those of the funding organizations
Market Maker Quotation Behavior and Pretrade Transparency
Version of Record online: 6 MAY 2003
© 2003 the American Finance Association
The Journal of Finance
Volume 58, Issue 3, pages 1247–1267, June 2003
How to Cite
Simaan, Y., Weaver, D. G. and Whitcomb, D. K. (2003), Market Maker Quotation Behavior and Pretrade Transparency. The Journal of Finance, 58: 1247–1267. doi: 10.1111/1540-6261.00565
- Issue online: 6 MAY 2003
- Version of Record online: 6 MAY 2003
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!