Hotchkiss is with Boston College and Strickland is with the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. We thank for helpful discussions, comments, and insights Kent Daniel, Scott Gibson, Richard Green, Alexander Ljungqvist, Jean Helwege, Cliff Holderness, Ed Rice, Sheridan Titman, Russ Wermers, Richard Wines, Karen Wruck, an anonymous referee, and seminar participants at University of Minnesota, University of Rochester, the 2001 American Finance Association meetings, the 2000 Western Finance Association meetings and the 2000 NBER Corporate Finance meetings.
Does Shareholder Composition Matter? Evidence from the Market Reaction to Corporate Earnings Announcements
Version of Record online: 15 JUL 2003
© 2003 the American Finance Association
The Journal of Finance
Volume 58, Issue 4, pages 1469–1498, August 2003
How to Cite
Hotchkiss, E. S. and Strickland, D. (2003), Does Shareholder Composition Matter? Evidence from the Market Reaction to Corporate Earnings Announcements. The Journal of Finance, 58: 1469–1498. doi: 10.1111/1540-6261.00574
- Issue online: 15 JUL 2003
- Version of Record online: 15 JUL 2003
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!