Saïd Business School, University of Oxford. This paper came forth from my Ph.D. dissertation at INSEAD. I have greatly benefited from the support and guidance of my dissertation committee consisting of Theo Vermaelen (chair), Paolo Fulghieri, and Matti Suominen. I am also grateful to Michael Goldstein, Lars Tyge Nielsen, Duane Seppi, Erik Sirri, and seminar participants at the NTU international finance conference, the Eastern Finance Association meetings, the American Finance Association meetings, the FMA European meetings, the Norwegian School of Management, Oxford University, Pompeu Fabra University, Tilburg University, and the University of Amsterdam for helpful comments. Last but not least, I thank the editor and an anonymous referee for their constructive feedback on earlier versions. All errors are my own.
Version of Record online: 15 JUL 2003
© 2003 the American Finance Association
The Journal of Finance
Volume 58, Issue 4, pages 1499–1520, August 2003
How to Cite
Van Bommel, J. (2003), Rumors. The Journal of Finance, 58: 1499–1520. doi: 10.1111/1540-6261.00575
- Issue online: 15 JUL 2003
- Version of Record online: 15 JUL 2003
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!