*Narayan Y. Naik is from the London Business School. Pradeep K. Yadav is from Lancaster University, Lancaster, UK. Part of this work was undertaken while Pradeep Yadav was visiting the Stern School of Business of New York University and the Anderson School of Management at UCLA. We would like to thank the Bank of England for providing us with the inventory positions of government bond dealers. We are very grateful to Richard Brealey, Allison Holland, Francis Longstaff, and John Merrick for detailed discussions and an anonymous referee for many constructive suggestions. We are grateful to Viral Acharya, Vikas Agarwal, Michael Brennan, Roger Brown, Bhagwan Chowdhury, Pedro Santa-Clara, Steve Figlewski, Robert Geske, Rick Green (the editor), David Hillier, Purnendu Nath, Darius Palia, Venketesh Panchpagesan, Richard Roll, Stephen Schaefer, Eduardo Schwartz, Richard Stapleton, Raman Uppal, and seminar participants at the London Business School, University of Strathclyde, the Anderson School at UCLA, Stern School at NYU, University of Cologne, the American Finance Association Meetings 2002, the European Finance Association Meetings 2000 and the Annual Meeting of the International Association of Financial Engineers 2000, for many helpful comments and suggestions on an earlier version of this paper. We thank Purnendu Nath for excellent research assistance. Both authors are grateful to the Scottish Institute for Research in Investment and Finance (SIRIF) for infrastructural support, and the Fisher Black Memorial Foundation and the International Association of Financial Engineers for awarding an earlier version of this paper the Year 2000 Robert J. Schwartz Memorial Prize.
Risk Management with Derivatives by Dealers and Market Quality in Government Bond Markets
Version of Record online: 11 SEP 2003
© 2003 the American Finance Association
The Journal of Finance
Volume 58, Issue 5, pages 1873–1904, October 2003
How to Cite
Naik, N. Y. and Yadav, P. K. (2003), Risk Management with Derivatives by Dealers and Market Quality in Government Bond Markets. The Journal of Finance, 58: 1873–1904. doi: 10.1111/1540-6261.00591
- Issue online: 11 SEP 2003
- Version of Record online: 11 SEP 2003
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!