Burkart is from the Stockholm School of Economics, Panunzi is from Università di Bologna, and Shleifer is from Harvard University. We are grateful to Mara Faccio, Julian Franks, Rob Gertner, Denis Gromb, Simon Johnson, Rafael La Porta, Enrico Perotti, Jeremy Stein, Daniel Wolfenzon, the editor, an anonymous referee, and seminar participants at Bologna, INSEAD, London Business School, the NBER Corporate Finance Conference (Chicago), Padua, Salerno, Stockholm School of Economics, Venice, and Zurich for helpful comments and discussions. Financial support from Università Bocconi (Ricerca di Base), from the Bank of Sweden Tercentenary Foundation, and from the Gildor Foundation is gratefully acknowledged. Robin Greenwood provided excellent research assistance. This paper is produced as part of a CEPR project on Understanding Financial Architecture: Legal Framework, Political Environment, and Economic Efficiency, funded by the European Commission under the Human Potential—Research Training Network program (Contract No. HPRN-CT-2000–00064).
Version of Record online: 11 SEP 2003
© 2003 the American Finance Association
The Journal of Finance
Volume 58, Issue 5, pages 2167–2201, October 2003
How to Cite
Burkart, M., Panunzi, F. and Shleifer, A. (2003), Family Firms. The Journal of Finance, 58: 2167–2201. doi: 10.1111/1540-6261.00601
- Issue online: 11 SEP 2003
- Version of Record online: 11 SEP 2003
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!