Integrated Contextual Learning and Food Science Students’ Perception of Work Readiness
Version of Record online: 25 MAR 2013
© 2013 Institute of Food Technologists®
Journal of Food Science Education
Volume 12, Issue 2, pages 20–27, April 2013
How to Cite
Coorey, R. and Firth, A. (2013), Integrated Contextual Learning and Food Science Students’ Perception of Work Readiness. Journal of Food Science Education, 12: 20–27. doi: 10.1111/1541-4329.12003
- Issue online: 25 MAR 2013
- Version of Record online: 25 MAR 2013
- MS 20121334 Submitted 9/27/2012, Accepted 12/23/2012.
- 1998. Neoliberalism as a political rationality. J Sociol 34(3):215–31. , .
- 2006. Developing employability skills: peer assessment in higher education. Educ Train 48(7):508–16. .
- Curtin University. 2011 Curriculum 2010, Comprehensive Course review downloaded from http://c2010.curtin.edu.au/task2.html accessed on 18 January 2011.
- 2001. The potential for autonomy in learning: perceptions of competence, motivation and locus of control in first-year undergraduate students. Stud Higher Educ 26(3):345–61. , , .
- 1995. Autonomy and motivation: a literature review. System 23:165–74. .
- 2009. Enhancing employability: integrating real world experience in the curriculum. Educ Train 51(4):292–308. , .
- Food Technology Association of Australia (FTAA). 2011. Skills demand survey analysis Report, Frankston Heights, Victoria Australia.
- 2009. Engaging students and academics in work-ready learning contextualised for each profession in the curriculum in the student experience. Proceedings of the 32nd Higher Education Research and Development Society of Australasia (HERDSA) Annual Conference 2009 Darwin Australia. , .
- 2000. The additive effects of semi structured classroom activity on student learning: an application of classroom-based experimental learning techniques. J Market Educ 22(1):25–34. .
- 2005. Innovating in higher education: contexts for change in learning technology. Brit J Educ Technol 36(6):975–85. .
- 2011. Incorporating a modified problem-based learning exercise in a traditional lecture and lab-based dairy product course. J Food Sci Educ 10(2):19–22. , , .
- 2010. Contextualising and integrating into the curriculum the learning and teaching of work-ready professional graduate attributes. Higher Educ Res Dev 29(5):519–34. , , .
- 2009. Employability skills initiative in higher education: what effects do they have on graduate labour market outcomes Educ Econ 17(1):1–30. , , .
- 2010. Assurance of Learning for graduate employability http://web.me.com/beverleyoliver1/benchmarking/About.html accessed on 22 December 2010 7:16:28 AM. .
- 2007. Mapping curricula: ensuring work-ready graduates by mapping course learning outcomes and higher order thinking skills. Proceedings of Evaluations and Assessment Conference, Brisbane, Australia . , . , .
- 2010. Employability through curriculum innovation and skills development: a Portuguese case study. Higher Educ Manage Pol 22(2):1–19. , .
- 2011. Mismatched expectations. Food Australia 63(11):22–24. .
- 2011. Motivation, confidence and Control; unraveling activity learning for nutrition and food undergraduates. J Food Sci Educ 10(4):45–53. , , .
- 1990. Integrated contextual learning: situated learning in the business profession. Proceedings of the Annual Meeting of the American Education research Association, Boston , MA . .
- 2008. The potential of the inventory of learning styles to study students’ learning patterns in three types of medical curricula. Med Teacher 30(9–10):863–69. , , , , .
- 2008. Constructivism: its theoretical underpinnings, variations and implications for classroom instruction. Educ Horizons 86(3):161–72. .