Increasing Content Knowledge and Self-Efficacy of High School Educators through an Online Course in Food Science
Version of Record online: 24 MAR 2014
© 2014 Institute of Food Technologists®
Journal of Food Science Education
Volume 13, Issue 2, pages 28–32, April 2014
How to Cite
Liceaga, A. M., Ballard, T. S. and Esters, L. T. (2014), Increasing Content Knowledge and Self-Efficacy of High School Educators through an Online Course in Food Science. Journal of Food Science Education, 13: 28–32. doi: 10.1111/1541-4329.12028
- Issue online: 24 MAR 2014
- Version of Record online: 24 MAR 2014
- Manuscript Accepted: 1 DEC 2013
- Manuscript Received: 19 AUG 2013
- United States Dept. of Agriculture, Natl. Inst. of Food Agriculture. Grant Number: USDA-NIFA
- Secondary Ag. Education Challenge Grants Program, under Award Nr.. Grant Number: 10–38414–21025
- 1986. Social foundations of thought and action. N.J., U.S.A.: Englewood Cliffs. .
- 1993. Perceived self-efficacy in cognitive development and functioning. Educ Psychol 28(2):117–48. .
- 2007. Challenges to food science in the U.S. Food Technol 61(3):38–44. , .
- 1985. Teachers’ sense of efficacy: an important factor in school improvement. Elem School J 86(2):173–84. , .
- 2009. Using the technological, pedagogical, and content knowledge framework to design online learning environments and professional development. J Educ Comput Res 41(3):319–46. , , , .
- 2001. Use of a computerized kiosk in an assessment of food safety knowledge of high school students and science teachers. J Nutr Educ 33(1):37–42. , , .
- 2006. Lack of good graduates crippling food industry. Available from: www.foodproductiondaily.com/content/view/print/115035. Food Production Daily Accessed 2013 Aug 14.
- 1982. The organizational context of individual efficacy. Rev Educ Res 52(1):7–30. , , , .
- 2007. Becoming technologically literate through technology integration in PK-12 preservice literacy courses: three case studies. Lit Res Instr 46(4):363–86. , , .
- 1988. Teacher efficacy, self-concept, and attitudes toward the implementation of instructional innovation. Teach Teach Educ 4(1):63–69. .
- 1990. A perspective on teacher preparation in physics and other sciences: the need for special science courses for teachers. Am J Phys 58:734–42.
- 1991. Motivated strategies for learning in agricultural education. Columbus, Ohio: The Ohio State University. p. 1–75. , , ,
- 1992. Contextual effects on the self-perceived efficacy of high school teachers. Sociol Educ 65(2):150–67. , , .
- 2007. Professional development effects on teacher efficacy: results of randomized field trial. J Educ Res 101(1):50–60. , .
- 2009. Effects of an online problem based learning course on content knowledge acquisition and critical thinking skills. Comput Educ 53(1):132–41. , .
- 1988. Teacher development and school improvement: the process of teacher change. Teach Teach Educ 4(2):171–87. , .
- 2001. Teacher efficacy: capturing an elusive construct. Teach Teach Educ 17(7):783–805. , .