2 Comprehensive Reviews in Food Science and Food Safety
The Issue of Undeclared Ingredients in Halal and Kosher Food Production: A Focus on Processing Aids
Article first published online: 11 MAR 2013
© 2013 Institute of Food Technologists®
Comprehensive Reviews in Food Science and Food Safety
Volume 12, Issue 2, pages 228–233, March 2013
How to Cite
Al-Mazeedi, H. M., Regenstein, J. M. and Riaz, M. N. (2013), The Issue of Undeclared Ingredients in Halal and Kosher Food Production: A Focus on Processing Aids. Comprehensive Reviews in Food Science and Food Safety, 12: 228–233. doi: 10.1111/1541-4337.12002
- Issue published online: 11 MAR 2013
- Article first published online: 11 MAR 2013
- Manuscript Accepted: 12 NOV 2012
- Manuscript Received: 10 SEP 2012
- 2008. The story of gelatin. In: Kosher food production, 2nd ed. Ames, Iowa: Wiley –Blackwell Publishing. p. 317–22.
- Codex Alimentarius Standard, 1981. General standard for the labeling of food additives. Available from: www.codexalimentarius.net/download/standards/2/CXS_107e.pdf. Accessed on September 6, 2012.
- FSIS, 2008. Compliance guide on the determination of processing aids. Available from: http://www.fsis.usda.gov/pdf/determination_of_processing_aids.pdf. Accessed on September 6, 2012.
- 2012. The primary ingredients in detergents. Available from: http://oukosher.org/index.php/common/article/the_primary_ingredients_in_detergents/Surfactants. Accessed on June 20, 2012.
- Halal Consumer Group. 2012. Available from: http://www.muslimconsumergroup.com. Accessed on June 20, 2012.
- 1990. Processing aids: the hidden helpers. Prepared Food 159:83
- 1988. Additives. In: Kashruth: A comprehensive background and reference guide to the principles of kashruth. Brooklyn, NY: Mesorah Publications, Ltd. p 96–137.
- Pew Forum on Religion and Public Life. 2009. Available from: http://www.pewforum.org/Muslim/the-worlds-muslims-unity-and-diversity.aspx. Accessed on September 6, 2012.
- 2003. The kosher and halal food laws. Compr Rev Food Sci Food Safety 2:111–27. , , .
- 2012. The politics of religious slaughter- -how science can be misused: an essay. Fargo, ND: Reciprocal Meat Conference Proceedings, American Meat Science Association.
- 2012. Growing demand increases halal market attractiveness. Middle East Food XXVIIII:18–19. .