An official position statement of the Association of Women's Health, Obstetric and Neonatal Nurses.
AWHONN Position Statement
Version of Record online: 15 JAN 2014
© 2014 AWHONN, the Association of Women's Health, Obstetric and Neonatal Nurses
Journal of Obstetric, Gynecologic, & Neonatal Nursing
Volume 43, Issue 1, pages 130–131, January/February 2014
How to Cite
(2014), Nursing Education. Journal of Obstetric, Gynecologic, & Neonatal Nursing, 43: 130–131. doi: 10.1111/1552-6909.12277
This position statement was previously three separate statements: Doctorate of Nursing Practice, Education for Entry into Professional Nursing Practice, and Inclusion of Maternal/Newborn Content in Schools of Nursing. The three statements were combined, revised, and approved by the AWHONN Board of Directors, November, 2013.
AWHONN 2000 L St. NW, Suite 740 Washington, DC 20036 (800) 673-8499
- Issue online: 15 JAN 2014
- Version of Record online: 15 JAN 2014
- 2008). Effects of hospital care environment on patient mortality and nurse outcomes. Journal of Nursing Administration, 38(5), 223–229. , , , & (
- American Association of Colleges of Nursing. (2012). The impact of education on nursing practice. Retrieved from http://www.aacn.nche.edu/media-relations/fact-sheets/impact-of-education
- 2008). Hospital nurse practice environments and outcomes for surgical oncology patients. Health Services Research, 43(4), 1145–1163. , , , & (
- Institute of Medicine. (2010). The future of nursing: Leading change, advancing health. Washington, DC: National Academies Press.
- 2013). Lower mortality in magnet hospitals. Medical Care, 51(5), 382–388. , , , , & (
- 2009). Hospitalizations related to childbirth, 2006. Rockville, MD: Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality. Retrieved from http://www.hcup-us.ahrq.gov/reports/statbriefs/sb71.pdf , & (