Increased IL-8 production in human bronchial epithelial cells after exposure to azithromycin-pretreated Pseudomonas aeruginosa in vitro
Version of Record online: 28 APR 2014
© 2014 Federation of European Microbiological Societies. Published by John Wiley & Sons Ltd. All rights reserved
FEMS Microbiology Letters
Volume 355, Issue 1, pages 43–50, June 2014
How to Cite
Fan, L., Wang, Q., de la Fuente-Núñez, C., Sun, F.-J., Xia, J.-G., Xia, P.-Y. and Hancock, R. E.W. (2014), Increased IL-8 production in human bronchial epithelial cells after exposure to azithromycin-pretreated Pseudomonas aeruginosa in vitro. FEMS Microbiology Letters, 355: 43–50. doi: 10.1111/1574-6968.12441
- Issue online: 9 JUN 2014
- Version of Record online: 28 APR 2014
- Accepted manuscript online: 9 APR 2014 07:05AM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 5 APR 2014
- Manuscript Revised: 24 MAR 2014
- Manuscript Received: 13 MAR 2014
- Natural Science Foundation of China. Grant Number: 81102481
- Natural Science Foundation Project of CQ CSTC. Grant Number: 2010BB5425
- Canada Research Chair in Health and Genomics
- Fundación ‘la Caixa’ and Fundación Canadá (Spain)
- Canadian Institutes of Health Research Postdoctoral Fellowship
- Killam Postdoctoral Research Fellowship
Fig. S1. LDH release in HBEs by different concentrations of AZM (0, 2, 4, 8, 16 μg mL−1)-treated PAO1, compared with LDH levels from uninfected HBE cells. *, using Student's t-test, P < 0.05.
Fig. S2. IL-8 expression in HBEs infected for 2 h with PAO1. *, compared with untreated PAO1, using Student's t-test, P < 0.05.
Fig. S3. IL-8 production in HBEs infected for 8 h with PAO1, which was pretreated with antimicrobials at concentrations of 1/4 MIC. *, using Student's t-test, P < 0.05.
Please note: Wiley Blackwell is not responsible for the content or functionality of any supporting information supplied by the authors. Any queries (other than missing content) should be directed to the corresponding author for the article.