Elizabeth Pellowe, MBChB, Resident; Hugo DM Poncia, MBBS, MRCP, FCEM, MSc (Med Ed), CCPU, FACEM, Emergency Physician, Associate Professor.
Duboisia ingestion: An unusual cause of anticholinergic poisoning
Article first published online: 12 JUN 2013
© 2013 The Authors. EMA © 2013 Australasian College for Emergency Medicine and Australasian Society for Emergency Medicine
Emergency Medicine Australasia
Volume 25, Issue 3, pages 268–270, June 2013
How to Cite
Pellowe, E. and Poncia, H. D. (2013), Duboisia ingestion: An unusual cause of anticholinergic poisoning. Emergency Medicine Australasia, 25: 268–270. doi: 10.1111/1742-6723.12067
- Issue published online: 12 JUN 2013
- Article first published online: 12 JUN 2013
- Manuscript Accepted: 19 FEB 2013
- anticholinergic poisoning;
- Duboisia myoporoides
A male landscaper presented with an acute confusional state following intentional ingestion of Duboisia myoporoides. With supportive care, he made an uneventful recovery after 24 h. Clinical features, investigation and management of Duboisia poisoning are discussed.