Fall prevention among children in the presence of caregivers in a paediatric ward: a best practice implementation
Article first published online: 1 MAR 2013
© 2013 The Authors. International Journal of Evidence-Based Healthcare © 2013 The Joanna Briggs Institute
International Journal of Evidence-Based Healthcare
Volume 11, Issue 1, pages 33–38, March 2013
How to Cite
Lee, Y. L. G., Yip, W. K., Goh, B. W., Chiam, E. P. J. and Ng, H. P. C. (2013), Fall prevention among children in the presence of caregivers in a paediatric ward: a best practice implementation. International Journal of Evidence-Based Healthcare, 11: 33–38. doi: 10.1111/1744-1609.12003
- Issue published online: 1 MAR 2013
- Article first published online: 1 MAR 2013
- 2Child Health Corporation of America Nursing Falls Study Task Force. Pediatric falls: state of the science. Pediatr Nurs 2009; 35: 227–231.
- 4Accidental falls from elevated surfaces in infants from birth to one year of age. Pediatrics 1969; 44: 869–876., , , .
- 7Development of an evidence-based pediatric fall prevention program. J Nurs Care Qual 2007; 22: 107., .
- 10The Joanna Briggs Institute COnECTplus. Paediatric patient falls: prevention [database on the Internet]. 2010. Accessed 10 March 2011. Available from: http://connect.jbiconnectplus.org/
- 11Falls in hospitalized children. Pediatr Nurs 2006; 32: 568–572., , , .
- 12World Health Organization. The world health report 2006: working together for health: World Health Organization; 2006.
- 13Joanna Briggs Institute. Joanna Briggs Institute Practice Application of Clinical Evidence System. Accessed 10 March 2011. Available from: http://paces.jbiconnectplus.org/
- 14Nurse to nurse: evidence-based practice: The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc.; 2009..
- 17Accidental falls in hospitalized children: an analysis of the vulnerabilities linked to the presence of caregivers. J Prev Med Hyg 2010; 51: 92–96., , , , .