A shorter version of this paper was presented at the IARPP conference in San Francisco, February 2010.
The wish for annihilation in ‘love–death’ as collapse of the need for recognition, in Wagner's Tristan und Isolde
Article first published online: 21 MAR 2013
Copyright © 2013 Institute of Psychoanalysis
The International Journal of Psychoanalysis
Volume 94, Issue 4, pages 747–766, August 2013
How to Cite
Bergstein, M. (2013), The wish for annihilation in ‘love–death’ as collapse of the need for recognition, in Wagner's Tristan und Isolde. The International Journal of Psychoanalysis, 94: 747–766. doi: 10.1111/1745-8315.12056
- Issue published online: 7 AUG 2013
- Article first published online: 21 MAR 2013
- Manuscript Accepted: 27 NOV 2012
Options for accessing this content:
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!
Patients and/or caregivers may access this content for use in relation to their own personal healthcare or that of a family member only. Terms and conditions will apply.