Additional supporting information can be found in the listing for this article in the Wiley Online Library at http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/crim.2014.52.issue-1/issuetoc.
RESTRICTIVE DETERRENT EFFECTS OF A WARNING BANNER IN AN ATTACKED COMPUTER SYSTEM†
Version of Record online: 20 NOV 2013
© 2013 American Society of Criminology
Volume 52, Issue 1, pages 33–59, February 2014
How to Cite
MAIMON, D., ALPER, M., SOBESTO, B. and CUKIER, M. (2014), RESTRICTIVE DETERRENT EFFECTS OF A WARNING BANNER IN AN ATTACKED COMPUTER SYSTEM. Criminology, 52: 33–59. doi: 10.1111/1745-9125.12028
This research was conducted with the support of the SANS Institute, the National Consortium for the Study of Terrorism and Responses to Terrorism in the University of Maryland, and the National Science Foundation Award 1223634. We thank Lawrence Sherman, Jean McGloin, Ray Paternoster, and Theodore Wilson for their helpful comments throughout the project. We also wish to thank Gerry Sneeringer and the Security Team of the Office of Information Technology at the University of Maryland for their insights on this research. Finally, we thank Wayne Osgood and the four anonymous reviewers for their helpful comments on this paper.
**Correction added on 28 November 2013, after first online publication on 20 November 2013: The affiliation of Bertrand Sobesto and Michel Cukier has been corrected.
- Issue online: 16 JAN 2014
- Version of Record online: 20 NOV 2013
- SANS Institute
- National Consortium for the Study of Terrorism and Responses
- Terrorism in the University of Maryland
- National Science Foundation Award. Grant Number: 1223634
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!