The original proposal for this review of the literature on raisins and health was presented by Dr. James Painter at the annual meeting of the Scientific Research Panel of the California Raisin marketing Board in July 2011. The areas of review were determined and commissioned in August 2011 at a subsequent meeting of the research panel. The review results were presented at a post session of the IFT annual meeting as a webcast on July 18th 2012 by the researchers and was moderated by Dr. Painter and Ashley Waters. Additionally, the production process, production editing, and formal submission of this supplement was overseen by Dr. Painter and Ms. Waters. School of Family and Consumer Sciences, Eastern Illinois University, Charleston, IL, 61920, USA
A Review of the Health Benefits of Raisins
Version of Record online: 21 JUN 2013
© 2013 Institute of Food Technologists®
Journal of Food Science
Volume 78, Issue s1, pages ii–iii, June 2013
How to Cite
Painter, J. E. and Waters, A. R. (2013), A Review of the Health Benefits of Raisins. Journal of Food Science, 78: ii–iii. doi: 10.1111/1750-3841.12139
- Issue online: 21 JUN 2013
- Version of Record online: 21 JUN 2013
- 2011. Raisin consumption may lower circulating oxidized LDL levels. Potentially decreasing the risk of coronary heart disease. J Amer Diet Assoc 111(9):A46. , , , , .
- 2012. Raisins and blood pressure: A randomized, controlled trial. J Am Coll Cardiol 59:13s1. , , , , .
- 2301-po. American diabetes association scientific session; June 8–12, 2012. Philadelphia PA USA: Raisins and glucose: A randomized, controlled trial; 2012b. , , , , .
- lb-421. Experimental Biology. April 21–25, 2012; San Diego CA USA: Raisin polyphenol composition and their bioavailability in humans; 2012. , , .
- 2011. A pre-meal raisin snack increases satiety and lowers cumulative food intake in normal weight children. Appl Physiol Nutr Metab 36:475. , , , , , , .
- 2008. Raisins and additional walking have distinct effects on plasma lipids and inflammatory cytokines. Lipids Health Dis 7:14–23. , , , , , , .
- 2010. Polyphenol content and health benefits of raisins. Nutrition Research 30(8):511–19. , .