Funding Information Funding was received from the Department of Agriculture and Rural Development (Northern Ireland), the research programme of the Kluyver Centre for Genomics of Industrial Fermentation which is part of the Netherlands Genomics Initiative/Netherlands Organization for Scientific Research, Biotechnology and Biological Sciences Research Council (BBSRC) for a Daphne Jackson Fellowship, BBSRC and Natural Environment Research Council United Kingdom projects BBF0034711 and NE/E016804/1 (respectively), and the Beaufort Marine Research Award for Marine Biodiscovery which is carried out under the Sea Change Strategy and the Strategy for Science Technology and Innovation (2006–2013), with the support of the Marine Institute, Ireland, and J.E.H. received a Prof. B. D. Tilak Fellowship from Institute of Chemical Technology-Mumbai, India.
The biology of habitat dominance; can microbes behave as weeds?
Article first published online: 22 JAN 2013
© 2013 The Authors. Microbial Biotechnology Published by John Wiley & Sons Ltd and Society for Applied Microbiology.
This is an open access article under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits use, distribution and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Volume 6, Issue 5, pages 453–492, September 2013
How to Cite
Cray, J. A., Bell, A. N. W., Bhaganna, P., Mswaka, A. Y., Timson, D. J. and Hallsworth, J. E. (2013), The biology of habitat dominance; can microbes behave as weeds?. Microbial Biotechnology, 6: 453–492. doi: 10.1111/1751-7915.12027
- Issue published online: 14 AUG 2013
- Article first published online: 22 JAN 2013
- Manuscript Accepted: 3 DEC 2012
- Manuscript Received: 11 OCT 2012
- Department of Agriculture and Rural Development (Northern Ireland)
- Kluyver Centre for Genomics of Industrial Fermentation
- Netherlands Genomics Initiative/Netherlands Organization for Scientific Research, Biotechnology and Biological Sciences Research Council (BBSRC). Grant Number: BBF0034711
- Natural Environment Research Council United Kingdom. Grant Number: NE/E016804/1
- Beaufort Marine Research Award for Marine Biodiscovery
Total views by type:
Publication date: 22 Jan 2013. Cumulative views from 22 Jan 2013 - 23 Jul 2014.
- Total views: 2260
- Total PDF views: 939
- Total HTML views: 1321
- * Although we update our data on a daily basis (not in real time), there may be a 48-hour delay before the most recent numbers are available.
About this data
Usage data should be viewed in relation to:
- the publication date (older articles will generally have higher usage).
- the relevance of the article to a broad community (some articles will be extremely important but to smaller sections of the research community), and
- the availability and usage of the article through other sources
Article usage data is not a precise measure of an individual article's importance and should only be considered alongside other measures of visibility/importance.