Work conducted at the Centre for Research in Agricultural Genomics (CRAG). Edifici CRAG, Campus UAB, 08193 Bellaterra, Catalonia, Spain.
Current knowledge on the Ralstonia solanacearum type III secretion system
Article first published online: 26 APR 2013
© 2013 The Authors. Microbial Biotechnology published by John Wiley & Sons Ltd and Society for Applied Microbiology.
This is an open access article under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits use, distribution and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Thematic Issue on Biomaterials
Volume 6, Issue 6, pages 614–620, November 2013
How to Cite
Coll, N. S. and Valls, M. (2013), Current knowledge on the Ralstonia solanacearum type III secretion system. Microbial Biotechnology, 6: 614–620. doi: 10.1111/1751-7915.12056
Funding Information Our research is supported by Grants SGR1427 and CONES2010-0030 from Comissionat per Universitats i Recerca of the Catalan Government (M. V.); HF2008-0021 and AGL2010-21870 from the Ministerio de Ciencia, Tecnología e Innovación of the Spanish Government (M. V.); and PCDMC-321738 from EU-Marie Curie Actions (N. S. C.).
- Issue published online: 11 OCT 2013
- Article first published online: 26 APR 2013
- Manuscript Accepted: 27 FEB 2013
- Manuscript Revised: 26 FEB 2013
- Manuscript Received: 16 DEC 2012
- Comissionat per Universitats i Recerca of the Catalan Government. Grant Numbers: SGR1427, CONES2010-0030
- Ministerio de Ciencia, Tecnología e Innovación of the Spanish Government. Grant Numbers: HF2008-0021, AGL2010-21870
- Catalan Government. Grant Number: BP_B 00030
- EU-Marie Curie Actions. Grant Number: PCDMC-321738
This article exhaustively reviews current knowledge on the type III as the main virulence determinant of R. solanacearum. Recent findings on this topic are interpreted in the plant-pathogen research context and future research directions are proposed.