Funding Information No funding information provided.
Apoptosis induced by Pseudomonas aeruginosa: a lonely killer?
Article first published online: 14 JUL 2014
© 2014 The Authors. Microbial Biotechnology published by John Wiley & Sons Ltd and Society for Applied Microbiology.
This is an open access article under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits use, distribution and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Volume 8, Issue 1, pages 49–51, January 2015
How to Cite
Broquet, A. and Asehnoune, K. (2015), Apoptosis induced by Pseudomonas aeruginosa: a lonely killer?. Microbial Biotechnology, 8: 49–51. doi: 10.1111/1751-7915.12144
- Issue published online: 28 JAN 2015
- Article first published online: 14 JUL 2014
- 2005) Quorum sensing negatively controls type III secretion regulon expression in Pseudomonas aeruginosa PAO1. J Bacteriol 187: 3898–3902. , , , , and (
- 2010) Pseudomonas exotoxin A-mediated apoptosis is Bak dependent and preceded by the degradation of Mcl-1. Mol Cell Biol 30: 3444–3452. , , , and (
- 2014) A type III secretion negative clinical strain of Pseudomonas aeruginosa employs a two-partner secreted exolysin to induce hemorrhagic pneumonia. Cell Host Microbe 15: 164–176. , , , , , , et al. (
- 2008) The Pseudomonas aeruginosa type III secretion system plays a dual role in the regulation of caspase-1 mediated IL-1beta maturation. J Cell Mol Med 12 (5A): 1767–1776. , , , , , , and (
- 2012) Structure and function of the Type III secretion system of Pseudomonas aeruginosa. Curr Protein Pept Sci 13: 831–842. , , and (
- 2012) The Pseudomonas aeruginosa type III secretion system has an exotoxin S/T/Y independent pathogenic role during acute lung infection. PLoS ONE 7: e41547. , , , , , and (
- 2014) Role of Pseudomonas aeruginosa quorum sensing (QS) molecules on the viability and cytokine profile of human mesenchymal stem cells. Virulence 5: 303–310. , , , , and (
- 2009) Effects of bacterial N-acyl homoserine lactones on human Jurkat T lymphocytes-OdDHL induces apoptosis via the mitochondrial pathway. Int J Med Microbiol 299: 509–519. , , , , , , et al. (
- 1993) The lux autoinducer regulates the production of exoenzyme virulence determinants in Erwinia carotovora and Pseudomonas aeruginosa. EMBO J 12: 2477–2482. , , , , , , et al. (
- 2004) Bacterial N-acylhomoserine lactone-induced apoptosis in breast carcinoma cells correlated with down-modulation of STAT3. Oncogene 23: 4894–4902. , , , , and (
- 2012) Bacterial quorum sensing: its role in virulence and possibilities for its control. Cold Spring Harb Perspect Med 2: a012427. , and (
- 2012) Pseudomonas aeruginosa biofilm-associated homoserine lactone C12 rapidly activates apoptosis in airway epithelia. Cell Microbiol 14: 698–709. , , , , , , et al. (
- 2008) The Pseudomonas aeruginosa type III secreted toxin ExoT is necessary and sufficient to induce apoptosis in epithelial cells. Cell Microbiol 10: 994–1007. , , and (
- 2003) The Pseudomonas aeruginosa autoinducer N-3-oxododecanoyl homoserine lactone accelerates apoptosis in macrophages and neutrophils. Infect Immun 71: 5785–5793. , , , , , , et al. (
- 2002) Induction of neutrophil apoptosis by the Pseudomonas aeruginosa exotoxin pyocyanin: a potential mechanism of persistent infection. J Immunol 168: 1861–1868. , , , , , , and (
- 2003) Induction of apoptosis in macrophage cell line, J774, by the cell-free supernatant from Pseudomonas aeruginosa. Microbiol Immunol 47: 199–206. , , , , and (