Review of the evidence for the potential impact and feasibility of substituting saturated fat in the New Zealand diet
Version of Record online: 30 JUL 2013
© 2013 The Authors. ANZJPH © 2013 Public Health Association of Australia
Australian and New Zealand Journal of Public Health
Volume 37, Issue 4, pages 329–336, August 2013
How to Cite
Foster, R. H. and Wilson, N. (2013), Review of the evidence for the potential impact and feasibility of substituting saturated fat in the New Zealand diet. Australian and New Zealand Journal of Public Health, 37: 329–336. doi: 10.1111/1753-6405.12080
- Issue online: 30 JUL 2013
- Version of Record online: 30 JUL 2013
- Submitted: June 2012 Revision requested: December 2012 Accepted: February 2013
- 1Ministry of Health. Mortality and Demographic Data 2009. Wellington ( NZ ) : Government of New Zealand; 2012.
- 2Ministry of Health. The Health of New Zealand Adults 2011/12: Key Findings of the New Zealand Health Survey. Wellington ( NZ ) : Government of New Zealand; 2012.
- 4University of Otago. A Focus on Nutrition: Key Findings of the 2008/09 New Zealand Adult Nutrition Survey. Wellington ( NZ ) : Ministry of Health; 2011.
- 5Pharmaceutical Management Agency. Annual Review 2011. Wellington ( NZ ) : PHARMAC; 2011.
- 7Statins for the primary prevention of cardiovascular disease (Cochrane Review). In: The Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews, Issue 1, 2011, CD004816. Chichester ( UK ) : John Wiley & Sons; 2011., , , , , , et al.
- 10Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations. Fats and Fatty Acids in Human Nutrition [Report]. Rome ( ILA ) : FAO; 2010.
- 12What is Known about the Effectiveness of Economic Instruments to Reduce Consumption of Foods High in Saturated Fats and other Energy-dense Foods for Preventing and Treating Obesity? Health Evidence Network Report. Copenhagen ( DNK ) : WHO Regional Office for Europe; 2006., .
- 14The Folketing, Draft Act No L 111, January 19, 2011, Proposal for the Act on a Tax on Saturated Fat in Specific Food (The Fat Tax Act), (Troels Lund Poulsen, Minister for Taxation).
- 17The Critical Appraisal Skills Programme (CASP). Critical Appraisal Tools [Internet]. Oxfordshire (UK): 2011 [cited 2011 June]. Available from: http://www.casp-uk.net/.
- 23Reduced or modified dietary fat for preventing cardiovascular disease [Cochrane Review]. In: The Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews, Issue 5, 2012,CD002137. Chichester ( UK ) : John Wiley & Sons 2012., , , , , , et al.
- 26National Health and Medical Research Council of Australia. Nutrient Reference Values for Australia and New Zealand Including Recommended Dietary Intakes. Canberra ( AUST ) : Commonwealth of Australia; 2006.
- 27Under-reporting of energy intake in the 1997 National Nutrition Survey. N Z Med J. 2004 Sep 24;117(1202):U1079. PubMed PMID:15477912., , .
- 30SIGN 50: A Guideline Developer's Handbook. Revised ed. Edinburgh ( SCO ) : Scottish Intercollegiate Guidelines Network; 2011.
- 33Fat Taxes: Big Money for Small Change. Forum Health Econ Policy. 2007;10(2):1–28., , , .
- 36What are the Priority Health Risk Factors for Researching Preventive Interventions as Part of NZACE-Prevention? Wellington ( NZ ) : University of Otago – Wellington, Department of Public Health; 2010., , , , .