Cigarette availability and price in low and high socioeconomic areas
Article first published online: 30 JUL 2013
© 2013 The Authors. ANZJPH © 2013 Public Health Association of Australia
Australian and New Zealand Journal of Public Health
Volume 37, Issue 4, pages 371–376, August 2013
How to Cite
Dalglish, E., McLaughlin, D., Dobson, A. and Gartner, C. (2013), Cigarette availability and price in low and high socioeconomic areas. Australian and New Zealand Journal of Public Health, 37: 371–376. doi: 10.1111/1753-6405.12086
- Issue published online: 30 JUL 2013
- Article first published online: 30 JUL 2013
- Submitted: November 2012 Revision requested: January 2013 Accepted: February 2013
- 1The Burden of Disease and Injury in Australia 2003. Canberra ( AUST ) : Australian Institute for Health and Welfare; 2007., , , , , .
- 2Australian Institute of Health and Welfare. 2011 National Drug Strategy Household Survey Report. Canberra ( AUST ) : Commonwealth of Australia; 2011.
- 4Trends in Socioeconomic Variations in Smoking Prevalence, 1997–2000. Canberra ( AUST ) : Commonwealth Department of Health and Ageing; 2004., .
- 5Social Determinants of Health: the Solid Facts. Geneva ( CHE ) : World Health Organisation; 2003., .
- 10Tobacco availability and point of sale marketing in demographically contrasting districts of Massachusetts. Tob Control. 2002;11 Suppl 2:ii71–ii3., , , .
- 14Tobacco outlet density and social disadvantage in New South Wales, Australia Tob Control. 2012. PubMed PMID: 23242978., , , .
- 16Convenience, accessibility, and the demand for fast food. J Agri Resour Econ. 2001;26(1):58–74., , .
- 22Australian Bureau of Statistics. Cencus Dictionary, 2006. Canberra ( AUST ) : ABS; 2007.
- 23Australian Bureau of Statistics. Information Paper: An Introduction to Socioeconomic Indexes for Areas, 2006. Canberra ( AUST ) : ABS; 2008.
- 24Australian Bureau of Statistics. 2006 Quick Stats: Inala. Canberra ( AUST ) : ABS; 2007.
- 25Australian Bureau of Statistics. 2006 Quick Stats: Logan Central. Canberra ( AUST ) : ABS; 2007.
- 26Australian Bureau of Statistics. 2006 Quick Stats: Kenmore. Canberra ( AUST ) : ABS; 2007.
- 27Australian Bureau of Statistics. 2006 Quick Stats: The Gap. Canberra ( AUST ) : ABS; 2007.
- 28Pricewaterhouse Coopers. Sales of Cigarettes and Tobacco Products by Type of Retail Business: An Analysis of Sales of Cigarettes and Tobacco Products to Tobacco Retailers in Australia. Sydney ( AUST ) : PricewaterhouseCoopers; 2005.
- 29AdNews. Special Report: Top Brands. Surry Hills ( AUST ) : Yalla Publishing Group; 2008.
- 30NSW Retail Tobacco Traders’ Association. Cigarette price lists. Aust Retail Tobacconist. 1966 to 2007;27–67.