The copyright line for this article was changed on 12 September 2013 after original online publication.
Characteristics of health impact assessments reported in Australia and New Zealand 2005–2009
Version of Record online: 5 SEP 2013
© 2013 The Authors
This is an open access article under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs License, which permits use and distribution in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited, the use is non-commercial and no modifications or adaptations are made.
Australian and New Zealand Journal of Public Health
Volume 37, Issue 6, pages 534–546, December 2013
How to Cite
Haigh, F., Harris, E., Chok, H. N., Baum, F., Harris-Roxas, B., Kemp, L., Spickett, J., Keleher, H., Morgan, R., Harris, M., Wendel, A. M. and Dannenberg, A. L. (2013), Characteristics of health impact assessments reported in Australia and New Zealand 2005–2009. Australian and New Zealand Journal of Public Health, 37: 534–546. doi: 10.1111/1753-6405.12102
- Issue online: 3 DEC 2013
- Version of Record online: 5 SEP 2013
- Manuscript Accepted: 1 MAY 2013
- Manuscript Revised: 1 APR 2013
- Manuscript Received: 1 NOV 2012
- 1Commission on the Social Determinants of Health. Closing the Gap in a Generation: Health Equity Through Action on the Social Determinants of Health. Geneva (CHE): World Health Organization; 2008.
- 2World Health Organization. World Health Report 2008: Primary Health Care – Now More than Ever. Geneva (CHE): World Health Organization; 2008.
- 3Centre for Health Development. Megacities and Urban Health. Kobe (JPN): World Health Organization; 2009.
- 4Regional Office for Africa. Libreville Declaration on Health and Environment in Africa, Libreville, 29 August 2008. Brazzaville (COG): World Health Organization; 2009.
- 5World Health Organization Rio Political Declaration on Social Determinants of Health, World Conference on Social Determinants of Health, Rio de Janeiro, 19–21 October 2011. Geneva (CHE): WHO; 2011.
- 6Working Together: Intersectoral Action for Health. Canberra (AUST): AGPS; 1995., et al.
- 7Public Health Agency of Canada. Crossing Sectors: Experiences in Intersectoral Action, Public Policy and Health. Ottawa (CAN): PHAC; 2007.
- 8World Health Organization. The Bangkok Charter on Health Promotion in a Globalized World. Geneva (CHE): WHO; 2006.
- 9Designing and Building Healthy Places for Children. Int J Environ Health. 2008; 2: 338–55., , .
- 11International Finance Corporation. Performance Standards on Social and Environmental Sustainability. Washington (DC): World Bank Group; 2006.
- 12International Finance Corporation. Introduction to Health Impact Assessment. Washington (DC): IFC; 2009.
- 13International Council on Mining and Metals. Good Practice Guidance on Health Impact Assessment. London (UK): ICMM; 2010.
- 14Equator Principles. The Equator Principles: A Financial Industry Benchmark for Determining, Assessing and Managing Social and Environmental Risk in Project Financing. Washington (DC): Equator Principles Financial Institutions; 2006.
- 18Strengthening health, Wellbeing and Equity: Embedding Policy-Level HIA in New Zealand. Soc Policy J N Z. 2006; 29: 17–31., et al.
- 19Health in All Policies [Internet]. Adelaide (AUST): State Government of South Australia; 2007 [cited 2009 Feb 9]. Available from: http://www.health.sa.gov.au/PEHS/health-in-all-policies.htm.
- 20Kickbusch I, Buckett K, editors. Implementing Health in All Policies: Adelaide 2010. Adelaide (AUST): South Australian Department of Health; 2010.
- 21National Health and Medical Research Council. National Framework for Environmental and Health Impact Assessment. Canberra (AUST): NHMRC; 1994.
- 22Public Health Commission. A Guide to Health Impact Assessment: Guidelines for Public Health Services and Resource Management Agencies and Consent Applicants. Wellington (NZ): New Zealand Ministry of Health; 1995.
- 23Health Impact Assessment in Australia and New Zealand: An exploration of methodological concerns. Health Promot Educ. 2001; 8: 8–11., .
- 25Health Impact Assessment: A Tool for Policy Development in Australia. Melbourne (AUST): Deakin University, Health Impact Assessment Unit; 2002., .
- 26enHealth. Health Impact Assessment Guidelines. Canberra (AUST): Commonwealth Department of Health and Ageing, National Public Health Partnership; 2001.
- 28Institutionalising Health Impact Assessment: The New Zealand experience. Impact Assess Proj Appraisal. 2008; 26 (1): 2–16..
- 31Health Impact Assessment in Victoria: A Suggested Approach. Melbourne (AUST): Monash University; 2008., .
- 32Health Impact Assessment in New South Wales. N S W Public Health Bull. 2005; 16 (7–8): 105–6., .
- 33Health Impact Assessment: A Practical Guide. Sydney (AUST): University of New South Wales, Research Centre for Primary Health Care and Equity; 2007., et al.
- 34Department of Health. Health Risk Assessment (Scoping) Guidelines. Perth (AUST): State Government of Western Australia; 2010.
- 35How are Health Impact Assessments Changing Policy? (and Some Story Ideas for Journalists with an Interest in Health…). In: Crikey. HEALTH BLOG [Internet]. Melbourne (AUST): Crikey. 2010 Nov 11..
- 36A Review Package for Health Impact Assessment Reports of Development Projects. Leeds (UK): Ben Cave Associates; 2009., , .
- 37Reviewing the Quality of Environmental Impact Statements. Manchester (UK): University of Manchester; 1992., .
- 39HIA: Implementation of Oral Health Strategy – Location of a Community Clinic in Flaxmere. Wellington (NZ): New Zealand Ministry of Health; 2009., .
- 41Wismar M, et al, editors. The Effectiveness of Health Impact Assessment: Scope and Limitations of Supporting Decision-making in Europe. Copenhagen (DNK): World Health Organization, European Observatory on Health Systems and Policies, 2007.
- 44Network of Public Health Observatories. HIA Gateway [Internet]. London (UK): Public Health England; 2013 [cited 2013]. Available from: http://www.apho.org.uk/default.aspx?RID=40141
- 45International Association for Impact Assessment. HIA BLOG [Internet]. Fargo (ND): IAIA; 2013 [cited 2013]. Available from: http://healthimpactassessment.blogspot.com.au/