The authors have stated they have no conflict of interest.
Adherence to recommended health checks by women in mid-life: data from a prospective study of women across Australia
Article first published online: 4 FEB 2014
© 2014 The Authors. ANZJPH © 2014 Public Health Association of Australia
Australian and New Zealand Journal of Public Health
Volume 38, Issue 1, pages 39–43, February 2014
How to Cite
Byles, J., Leigh, L., Chojenta, C. and Loxton, D. (2014), Adherence to recommended health checks by women in mid-life: data from a prospective study of women across Australia. Australian and New Zealand Journal of Public Health, 38: 39–43. doi: 10.1111/1753-6405.12180
- Issue published online: 4 FEB 2014
- Article first published online: 4 FEB 2014
- Manuscript Accepted: 1 NOV 2013
- Manuscript Revised: 1 SEP 2013
- Manuscript Received: 1 AUG 2013
- 1Australian Institute of Health and Welfare. Australia's Health 2008. Canberra (AUST): AIHW; 2008.
- 2National Preventative Health Taskforce. Australia: The Healthiest Country by 2020 – National Preventative Health Strategy – Overview. Canberra (AUST): Commonwealth Department of Health and Ageing, Population Health Strategy Unit; 2009.
- 3World Health Organization. Prevention of Cardiovascular Disease: Pocket Guidelines for Assessment and Management of Cardiovascular Risk. Geneva (CHE): WHO; 2007.
- 4Royal Australian College of General Practitioners. Guidelines for Preventive Activities in General Practice. 7th ed. Melbourne (AUST): RACGP; 2009.
- 5Australian Institute of Health and Welfare. BreastScreen Australia Monitoring Report 2006–2007 and 2007–2008. Canberra (AUST): AIHW; 2010.
- 6Australian Institute of Health and Welfare. Cervical Screening in Australia 2008–2009. Canberra (AUST): AIHW; 2011.
- 7General Practice Activity in Australia 2009–10. General Practice Series No.: 27. Catalogue No.: GEP 27. Canberra (AUST): AIHW; 2010., , , , , , et al.
- 14Women's Health Australia: Recruitment for a national longitudinal cohort study. Women Health. 1999; 28(1): 23–40., , , , , , et al.
- 15Australian Bureau of Statistics. Australian Standard Geographical Classification, July 2010. Catalogue No.: 1216.0. Canberra (AUST): ABS; 2010.
- 19American Cancer Society. Cancer Prevention and Early Detection Facts and Figures 2013. Atlanta (GA): ACS; 2013.
- 20Cancer Screening Programmes. NHS Cervical Screening Programme: Annual Review 2012. Sheffield (UK): National Health Services; 2012.
- 21Health and Social Care Information Centre- Screening and Immunisations Team. Breast Screening Programme, England 2011–12. Leeds (UK): HSCIC; 2013.
- 22Total and High-Density Lipoprotein Cholesterol in Adults, 2009–2010. NCHS Data Brief No.: 92. Hyattsville (MD): National Center for Health Statistics; 2012., , .
- 24Longitudinal data analysis: A Practical Guide for Researchers in Ageing, Health, and Social Sciences. New York (NY): Taylor & Francis Group; 2012., , .