Belimumab: targeted therapy for lupus
Version of Record online: 19 OCT 2012
© 2012 The Authors International Journal of Rheumatic Diseases © 2012 Asia Pacific League of Associations for Rheumatology and Wiley Publishing Asia Pty Ltd
International Journal of Rheumatic Diseases
Volume 16, Issue 1, pages 4–13, February 2013
How to Cite
Chugh, P. K. and Kalra, B. S. (2013), Belimumab: targeted therapy for lupus. International Journal of Rheumatic Diseases, 16: 4–13. doi: 10.1111/1756-185x.12002
- Issue online: 27 FEB 2013
- Version of Record online: 19 OCT 2012
- 1Centres for Disease Control and Prevention. Spotlight – Advancing our Epidemiologic Understanding of Lupus. (http://www.cdc.gov/arthritis/resources/spotlights/advancing.htm.) Accessed June 15,2011.
- 32009) Clinical trials for lupus – are we there yet? Bull NYU Hosp Jt Dis 67, 267–70.(
- 42010) Efficacy and safety of rituximab in moderately-to-severely active systemic lupus erythematosus: the randomized, double-blind, phase II/III systemic lupus erythematosus evaluation of rituximab trial. Arthritis Rheum 62, 222–33., , et al. (
- 52009) Efficacy and safety of rituximab in patients with proliferative lupus nephritis: results from the randomized, double-blind phase III LUNAR study. Arthritis Rheum 60, 429., , et al. (
- 9US Food and Drug Administration. FDA labelling information – Benlysta. (http://www.accessdata.fda.gov/drugsatfda_docs/label/2011/125370s0000lbl.pdf.) Accessed June10, 2011.
- 10EPAR summary for the public. European Medicines Agency; 2011. (http://www.ema.europa.eu/docs/en_GB/document_library/EPAR_-_Summary_for_the_public/human/002015/WC500110153.pdf). Accessed April 3, 2012. Last updated in 07–2011.
- 222010) Five-year experience with belimumab, a BLyS-specific inhibitor, in patients with Systemic Lupus Erythematosus (SLE). [abstract] Arthritis Rheum 62(Suppl.10), 1457., , et al. (
- 24BEL114333, a Continuation Study of BEL113750 in Subjects With Systemic Lupus Erythematosus (SLE) in Northeast Asia. (http://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT01597622?term=belimumab&recr=Open&no_unk=Y&rank=8) Accessed May 17, 2012.
- 25A 52 Week Study of Belimumab Versus Placebo in the Treatment of Subjects With Systemic Lupus Erythematosus (SLE) Located in Northeast Asia (NCT01345253). (http://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT01345253?cond=%22Systemic+Lupus+Erythematosus%22&rank=17) Accessed June 10, 2011.
- 26A Study of Belimumab Administered Subcutaneously in Subjects With Systemic Lupus Erythematosus (SLE) (BLISS-SC).(http://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT01484496?term=belimumab&recr=Open&no_unk=Y&rank=3) Accessed May 17, 2012.
- 27A Study to Evaluate the Effect of Belimumab on Vaccine Responses in Subjects With Systemic Lupus Erythematosus (SLE). (http://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT01597492?term=belimumab&rank=10) Accessed May 17, 2012.
- 28Benlysta Pregnancy Registry. (http://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT01532310?term=belimumab&recr=Open&no_unk=Y&rank=4). Accessed May 17, 2012.
- 29Clinicaltrials.gov, A service of the U.S. National Institutes of Health. (http://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/results?term=belimumab) Accessed June 1, 2012.