We thank Beth Allen, Pierre-André Chiappori, Luis Garicano, Ranjay Gulati, Winston Koh, David Martimort, Mike Mei, Vipul Naik, Aaron Plavnick, Canice Prendergast, Tetsushi Sonobe, and many seminar and conference participants for their help. We thank two anonymous referees for their valuable suggestions.
Who gets to the top? Generalists versus specialists in managerial organizations
Article first published online: 24 JAN 2013
Copyright © 2013, RAND.
The RAND Journal of Economics
Volume 43, Issue 4, pages 577–601, Winter 2012
How to Cite
Ferreira, D. and Sah, R. K. (2012), Who gets to the top? Generalists versus specialists in managerial organizations. The RAND Journal of Economics, 43: 577–601. doi: 10.1111/1756-2171.12000
- Issue published online: 24 JAN 2013
- Article first published online: 24 JAN 2013
Options for accessing this content:
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!