We thank several seminar audiences, two anonymous referees, and Judith Chevalier for helpful comments. The US National Science Foundation (NSF grant no. 0830288, “Patent Pools and Biomedical Innovation”) and Harvard Business School's Division of Support provided financial support. Farhi and Tirole acknowledge funding from the European Research Council under the European Community's Seventh Framework Programme (FP7/2007-2013) grant agreement no. 249429. All errors and omissions are our own.
Fear of rejection? Tiered certification and transparency
Article first published online: 21 FEB 2014
© 2014, RAND.
The RAND Journal of Economics
Volume 44, Issue 4, pages 610–631, Winter 2013
How to Cite
Farhi, E., Lerner, J. and Tirole, J. (2013), Fear of rejection? Tiered certification and transparency. The RAND Journal of Economics, 44: 610–631. doi: 10.1111/1756-2171.12033
- Issue published online: 21 FEB 2014
- Article first published online: 21 FEB 2014
- US National Science Foundation. Grant Number: 0830288
- Patent Pools and Biomedical Innovation
- European Research Council. Grant Numbers: FP7/2007-2013, 249429
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Type your institution's name in the box below. If your institution is a Wiley customer, it will appear in the list of suggested institutions and you will be able to log in to access content. Some users may also log in directly via OpenAthens.
Please note that there are currently a number of duplicate entries in the list of institutions. We are actively working on fixing this issue and apologize for any inconvenience caused.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!