We thank Steve Berry, Justin Johnson, Fiona Scott Morton, Philip Schmidt-Dengler, Michael Waldman, two anonymous referees and the editor, and various seminar participants for helpful comments, and Romana Primus of Whaling City Ford, Paul Trembley of East Rock Auto Repair, George Iny of the Automobile Protection Association, and Eli Melnick of Start Auto Electric for background information about the used-car and car-repair markets.
Adverse selection in the used-car market: evidence from purchase and repair patterns in the Consumer Expenditure Survey
Article first published online: 25 MAR 2014
© 2014, RAND.
The RAND Journal of Economics
Volume 45, Issue 1, pages 140–154, Spring 2014
How to Cite
Peterson, J. R. and Schneider, H. S. (2014), Adverse selection in the used-car market: evidence from purchase and repair patterns in the Consumer Expenditure Survey. The RAND Journal of Economics, 45: 140–154. doi: 10.1111/1756-2171.12045
- Issue published online: 25 MAR 2014
- Article first published online: 25 MAR 2014
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!