We are grateful to two anonymous referees, David Martimort (editor), Guido Friebel, Robert Gibbons, Navin Kartik, and Andrew Wait for very helpful comments and suggestions. We have also benefited from presentations at Pan-Pacific Game Theory Conference, Econometric Society Meetings, Royal Economic Society Conference, and Growth and Development Conference at ISI-Delhi. The project was partly funded by the Singapore MOE AcRF Tier 1 grants to Bag (grant no. R-122-000-151-112) and Chakraborty (grant no. R-122-000-128-112). Parts of the article were completed while Agastya was a visiting faculty member at HSS, California Institute of Technology (Summer 2012) and Indian Institute of Management, Bangalore (2012–2013). He thanks both these institutions for their hospitality. The usual disclaimer applies.
Communication and authority with a partially informed expert
Version of Record online: 25 MAR 2014
© 2014, RAND.
The RAND Journal of Economics
Volume 45, Issue 1, pages 176–197, Spring 2014
How to Cite
Agastya, M., Bag, P. K. and Chakraborty, I. (2014), Communication and authority with a partially informed expert. The RAND Journal of Economics, 45: 176–197. doi: 10.1111/1756-2171.12047
- Issue online: 25 MAR 2014
- Version of Record online: 25 MAR 2014
- Singapore MOE AcRF Tier 1. Grant Number: R-122-000-151-112
- Chakraborty. Grant Number: R-122-000-128-112
- California Institute of Technology
- Indian Institute of Management, Bangalore
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!