We are extremely grateful to Satish K. Singh, Shakti Jamdade and colleagues at CHSJ who made all the arrangements for the field visit. We owe a debt of gratitude to Shahaji Gadhire, Sunita, Aparna and Vijay from the Astitva team who welcomed us to their field area and provided all the necessary support. We sincerely thank Professor Sanjay Srivastava for his valuable comments and suggestions, which have sharpened both the contents and arguments in this article. And, last but not the least, a big thank you to all the men and women in the villages where we carried out our ethnography, for sharing their lives with us and teaching so much.
PERSPECTIVES ON MEN, MASCULINITIES AND SHIFTING PATRIARCHAL ORDERS
Are Masculinities Changing? Ethnographic Exploration of a Gender Intervention with Men in Rural Maharashtra, India
Article first published online: 6 JAN 2014
© 2014 The Authors. IDS Bulletin © 2014 Institute of Development Studies
Special Issue: Undressing Patriarchy: Men and Structural Violence by Editors Jerker Edström, Abhijit Das and Chris Dolan
Volume 45, Issue 1, pages 29–38, January 2014
How to Cite
Roy, A. and Das, A. (2014), Are Masculinities Changing? Ethnographic Exploration of a Gender Intervention with Men in Rural Maharashtra, India. IDS Bulletin, 45: 29–38. doi: 10.1111/1759-5436.12065
- Issue published online: 6 JAN 2014
- Article first published online: 6 JAN 2014
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!