We would like to thank a large number of friends and colleagues whose support has been essential for our work. We remain indebted to: comrades of MASVAW (Men's Action for Stopping Violence Against Women); colleagues in SAHAYOG and the Centre for Health and Social Justice; our field-based partners in different states in India; animators and men's group members in different communities; colleagues of Forum to Engage Men (FEM); partners in MenEngage Alliance; friends in SANAM (South Asian Network to Address Masculinities); colleagues at the Institute of Development Studies and partners of the Mobilising Men learning initiative; and our donors over the years – Oxfam India Trust, Save the Children (Sweden), UNFPA, UN Trust Fund for Women, MacArthur Foundation, and Oak Foundation. Last but not least, we owe a deep debt of gratitude to our feminist friends in UP, Delhi and elsewhere in India, for being our first teachers and then continuing to trust us as colleagues and co-travellers.
EVOLVING WORK WITH MEN AND BOYS
Changing Men: Challenging Stereotypes. Reflections on Working with Men on Gender Issues in India
Article first published online: 6 JAN 2014
© 2014 The Authors. IDS Bulletin © 2014 Institute of Development Studies
Special Issue: Undressing Patriarchy: Men and Structural Violence by Editors Jerker Edström, Abhijit Das and Chris Dolan
Volume 45, Issue 1, pages 69–79, January 2014
How to Cite
Das, A. and Singh, S. K. (2014), Changing Men: Challenging Stereotypes. Reflections on Working with Men on Gender Issues in India. IDS Bulletin, 45: 69–79. doi: 10.1111/1759-5436.12070
- Issue published online: 6 JAN 2014
- Article first published online: 6 JAN 2014
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!