Accepted by Steve Salterio. We appreciate helpful comments from Joseph Carcello, David Cooper, Yves Gendron, Michael Gibbins, Scott Showalter and participants at the American Accounting Association Annual Meeting (2010), Canadian Academic Accounting Association Annual Conference (2010), City University of Hong Kong (2009), Emory University (2011), Illinois Auditing Symposium (2010), International Symposium for Auditing Research (2010), Kozminski University (2012), and Yale School of Management (2010), as well as two anonymous reviewers and Steve Salterio. We also thank the Social Science and Humanities Research Council of Canada (SSHRC) for its financial support of this study.
How Do Regulatory Reforms to Enhance Auditor Independence Work in Practice?†
Version of Record online: 9 MAY 2013
Contemporary Accounting Research
Volume 30, Issue 3, pages 864–890, Fall 2013 (September)
How to Cite
Fiolleau, K., Hoang, K., Jamal, K. and Sunder, S. (2013), How Do Regulatory Reforms to Enhance Auditor Independence Work in Practice?. Contemporary Accounting Research, 30: 864–890. doi: 10.1111/1911-3846.12004
- Issue online: 16 SEP 2013
- Version of Record online: 9 MAY 2013
- Accepted manuscript online: 27 SEP 2012 10:00PM EST
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!