Accepted by Joy Begley. The authors are grateful for comments from two anonymous reviewers and Joy Begley (the editor). We acknowledge helpful comments from Steven Balsam, Jochen Bigus, Henk ter Bogt, Brian Cadman, Henri Dekker, Ingolf Dittmann, Tom Groot, Abe de Jong, Robert Kolb, Laurence van Lent, Hai Lu, Jeltje van der Meer-Kooistra, Jacco Wielhouwer, and Arjen van Witteloostuijn. We also thank participants at the 2009 Accounting Research Workshop at Bern, the 2009 Risk Management & Corporate Governance Conference at Chicago, the 2010 Management Accounting Section Research and Case Conference at Seattle, and the 2010 Management Accounting Research Symposium at Groningen. An earlier version of this paper benefited from conversation with Harry Chopra at Standard & Poor's. Part of this research was untaken while Yu Flora Kuang was a visiting scholar at Ross School of Business.
Credit Ratings and CEO Risk-Taking Incentives†
Article first published online: 20 MAY 2013
Contemporary Accounting Research
How to Cite
Kuang, Y. F. and Qin, B. (2013), Credit Ratings and CEO Risk-Taking Incentives. Contemporary Accounting Research. doi: 10.1111/1911-3846.12005
- Article first published online: 20 MAY 2013
- Accepted manuscript online: 27 SEP 2012 10:00PM EST
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
If your institution is a registered Wiley Online Library customer, you can log in under your institution's name to see our content. This access is provided by Shibboleth or Athens.
Type your institution's name in the box below. If your institution is a Wiley customer, it will appear in the list of suggested institutions.
Please note that there are currently a number of duplicate entries in the list of institutions. We are actively working on fixing this issue and apologize for any inconvenience caused.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!