Accepted by Stephen Salterio. We thank Jan Bouwens, Jason Brown, Eddy Cardinaels, Joe Fisher, Theresa Libby, Laureen Maines, Bill Messier, Steve Salterio, Chad Simon, Jason Smith, Hun-Tong Tan, Arnie Wright, two anonymous reviewers, participants at the Oklahoma Behavioral Accounting Conference and the Global Management Accounting Research Symposium, and workshop participants at Florida State University, George Mason University, Indiana University, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Northeastern University, Nanyang Technological University, Tilburg University, and University of Nevada–Las Vegas for providing helpful comments on an earlier version of this paper. An earlier study, which resulted in the current paper, benefited from comments provided by Jon Davis, Ranjani Krishnan, Brian Mayhew, workshop participants at Georgia State University, University of Wisconsin, and discussions at the 2009 Management Accounting Section Research Conference and the 2009 American Accounting Association Annual Meeting. We gratefully acknowledge research support from the Northeastern University Research and Scholarship Development Fund.
Turning Up the Volume: An Experimental Investigation of the Role of Mutual Monitoring in Tournaments†
Article first published online: 17 JUN 2013
Contemporary Accounting Research
Volume 30, Issue 4, pages 1401–1426, Winter 2013
How to Cite
Hannan, R. L., Towry, K. L. and Zhang, Y. (2013), Turning Up the Volume: An Experimental Investigation of the Role of Mutual Monitoring in Tournaments. Contemporary Accounting Research, 30: 1401–1426. doi: 10.1111/1911-3846.12006
- Issue published online: 19 DEC 2013
- Article first published online: 17 JUN 2013
- Accepted manuscript online: 27 SEP 2012 10:00PM EST
- Northeastern University Research
- Scholarship Development Fund
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Type your institution's name in the box below. If your institution is a Wiley customer, it will appear in the list of suggested institutions and you will be able to log in to access content. Some users may also log in directly via OpenAthens.
Please note that there are currently a number of duplicate entries in the list of institutions. We are actively working on fixing this issue and apologize for any inconvenience caused.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!