Accepted by Mary Harris Stanford. We appreciate helpful comments from Mary Harris Stanford and two anonymous referees that significantly improved the paper. We also appreciate suggestions from Bob Bowen, Rick Mergenthaler, Kari Olsen, Mark Soliman, Ed Swanson, Jeff Wilks, David Wood, and participants at the Brigham Young University, IE Business School, Santa Clara University, and Texas A&M University workshops. We are especially grateful to Jenny Tucker for help and insights into modeling self-selection. We appreciate the valuable research assistance of Minkwan Ahn, Kris Allee, Joe Bartlett, Jeff Bednar, Dirk Black, Bryant Blanchard, Brandon Buhler, Brandon Butler, Nathan DeFries, Leo Ebbert, Jonathan Fife, Josh Gagon, Kirk Gibb, Bryan Graden, Nick Guest, Jeff Hoopes, Alicia Ingalls, Rob Jenson, Robert Judd, Chad Larson, Jon Liljegren, Sam Mautz, Derek Moody, Greg Packer, Spencer Pierce, Heidi Prescott, John Prete, Willis Pueblo, Rob Shaw, Jacob Smith, Roy Schmardebeck, Dale Stewart, Scott Tandberg, Patrick Walsh, Adam Ward, Chris Williams, Devin Williams, Ty Woods, Donnie Young, and Luke Zimmerman. Christensen expresses appreciation to Brigham Young University for student mentoring grants that made this research possible.
Optimistic Reporting and Pessimistic Investing: Do Pro Forma Earnings Disclosures Attract Short Sellers?†
Version of Record online: 30 SEP 2013
Contemporary Accounting Research
Volume 31, Issue 1, pages 67–102, Spring 2014
How to Cite
Christensen, T. E., Drake, M. S. and Thornock, J. R. (2014), Optimistic Reporting and Pessimistic Investing: Do Pro Forma Earnings Disclosures Attract Short Sellers?. Contemporary Accounting Research, 31: 67–102. doi: 10.1111/1911-3846.12009
- Issue online: 19 MAR 2014
- Version of Record online: 30 SEP 2013
- Accepted manuscript online: 9 OCT 2012 01:05AM EST
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!