Accepted by Steve Salterio. We sincerely thank the senior management and auditors from the Big 4 audit firm who provided their valuable time. We are grateful for the thoughtful comments provided by Steve Salterio, two anonymous reviewers, Donna Bobek Schmitt, Maia Farkas (discussant), Yee Shih Phua, Tammie Rech Schaefer (discussant), Steve Sutton, Greg Trompeter, Graeme Wines (discussant), participants at AFAANZ 2011, ANCAAR 2010, the American Accounting Association Information Systems Section Mid Year Meeting 2011, the American Accounting Association Audit Section Mid Year Meeting 2011, and seminar participants at Deakin University and the University of Central Florida. Funding from a University of Melbourne research grant is gratefully acknowledged.
A Big 4 Firm's Use of Information Technology to Control the Audit Process: How an Audit Support System is Changing Auditor Behavior†
Version of Record online: 1 AUG 2013
Contemporary Accounting Research
Volume 31, Issue 1, pages 230–252, Spring 2014
How to Cite
Dowling, C. and Leech, S. a. (2014), A Big 4 Firm's Use of Information Technology to Control the Audit Process: How an Audit Support System is Changing Auditor Behavior. Contemporary Accounting Research, 31: 230–252. doi: 10.1111/1911-3846.12010
- Issue online: 19 MAR 2014
- Version of Record online: 1 AUG 2013
- Accepted manuscript online: 9 OCT 2012 01:05AM EST
- University of Melbourne
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!