Accepted by Katherine Schipper. We sincerely appreciate the comments of Urooj Khan, Tom Linsmeier, Laureen Maines, Steve Salterio, Katherine Schipper, Phil Shane, Wayne Thomas, brownbag-presentation participants at Indiana University, session participants at a 2010 Financial Accounting Standards Research Initiative Roundtable, the 2010 Financial Economics and Accounting Conference, and the 2011 Financial Accounting and Reporting section Midyear Meeting, workshop participants at Washington University in St. Louis and two anonymous reviewers. We also gratefully acknowledge the funding provided by the PricewaterhouseCoopers Corporate Governance Grant and the summer support provided by the Kelley School of Business. Professor Hodder and Professor Hopkins thank Ernst and Young and the Deloitte Foundation, respectively, for their financial support.
The Predictive Ability of Fair Values for Future Financial Performance of Commercial Banks and the Relation of Predictive Ability to Banks' Share Prices†
Version of Record online: 21 JAN 2014
Contemporary Accounting Research
Volume 31, Issue 1, pages 13–44, Spring 2014
How to Cite
Evans, M. E., Hodder, L. and Hopkins, P. E. (2014), The Predictive Ability of Fair Values for Future Financial Performance of Commercial Banks and the Relation of Predictive Ability to Banks' Share Prices. Contemporary Accounting Research, 31: 13–44. doi: 10.1111/1911-3846.12028
- Issue online: 19 MAR 2014
- Version of Record online: 21 JAN 2014
- Accepted manuscript online: 29 JAN 2013 08:58PM EST
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!