Accepted by Alan Webb. We gratefully acknowledge the helpful comments on earlier versions of this paper that were provided by Alan Webb, two anonymous reviewers, Jake Birnberg, Margaret Christ, Xuegang Cui, Harry Evans, Vicky Hoffman, Jim Hunton, Laureen Maines, Frank Moers, Don Moser, Pam Murphy, Steve Salterio, and workshop participants at Georgia State University, Maastricht University, McMaster University, University of Pittsburgh, the New England Behavioral Accounting Research Series, the AAA annual conference, the MAS section annual conference, and the seventh international symposium on management accounting. We thank Seth Pratt for writing the computer program and acknowledge the financial support of the Georgia Research Alliance, the Scheller College of Business at Georgia Institute of Technology, and the Robinson College of Business at Georgia State University.
Information Acquisition and Opportunistic Behavior in Managerial Reporting†
Article first published online: 12 FEB 2014
Contemporary Accounting Research
Volume 31, Issue 2, pages 398–419, Summer 2014
How to Cite
Church, B. K., Lynn Hannan, R. and Kuang, X. (2014), Information Acquisition and Opportunistic Behavior in Managerial Reporting. Contemporary Accounting Research, 31: 398–419. doi: 10.1111/1911-3846.12036
- Issue published online: 19 JUN 2014
- Article first published online: 12 FEB 2014
- Accepted manuscript online: 7 MAR 2013 01:43PM EST
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!