Accepted by Susan Krische. Pam Murphy wishes to thank Queen's School of Business for its generous financial support and Fred Davis for his superb job as “boss” and for creating the lecture. The authors thank Susan Krische, two anonymous reviewers, Naman Desai, Karla Johnstone, Steve Salterio, Gregory Trompeter, workshop participants at the University of Central Florida, reviewers for the 2010 AAA annual meeting, and reviewers for the 2011 AAA audit mid-year meeting for their helpful suggestions.
The Impact of Authority on Reporting Behavior, Rationalization and Affect†
Version of Record online: 21 JAN 2014
Contemporary Accounting Research
Volume 31, Issue 2, pages 420–443, Summer 2014
How to Cite
Mayhew, B. W. and Murphy, P. R. (2014), The Impact of Authority on Reporting Behavior, Rationalization and Affect. Contemporary Accounting Research, 31: 420–443. doi: 10.1111/1911-3846.12037
- Issue online: 19 JUN 2014
- Version of Record online: 21 JAN 2014
- Accepted manuscript online: 22 MAR 2013 07:40AM EST
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!