Accepted by Steve Salterio. The authors would like to thank Kathleen Andries, Darren Bernard, Jenny Brown, Nicole Cade, Charles Christian, Lisa De Simone, Katherine Drake, Don Goldman, Susan Gyeszly, Michelle Hanlon, Bradford Hepfer, Jeff Hoopes, Becky Lester, Kevin Markle, Zoe-Vonna Palmrose, Phil Quinn, Steven Savoy, Terry Shevlin, Michelle Shimek, Stephanie Sikes (Oxford discussant), Bridget Stomberg, Laura Wellman, Brady Williams, Ryan Wilson, participants at the 2012 Oxford University Centre for Business Taxation annual conference, Vienna University of Economics and Business, and reading groups at Arizona State, Iowa, MIT, and University of Texas-Austin for helpful comments. They especially thank Michelle Hanlon, Joel Slemrod, and Ryan Wilson for sharing tax shelter data and Bob Bowen, Andy Call, and Shiva Rajgopal for sharing Fortune Magazine reputation data. John Gallemore gratefully acknowledges the financial support of the Deloitte Foundation.
The Reputational Costs of Tax Avoidance†
Version of Record online: 9 JUN 2014
Contemporary Accounting Research
Volume 31, Issue 4, pages 1103–1133, Winter 2014
How to Cite
Gallemore, J., Maydew, E. L. and Thornock, J. R. (2014), The Reputational Costs of Tax Avoidance. Contemporary Accounting Research, 31: 1103–1133. doi: 10.1111/1911-3846.12055
- Issue online: 1 DEC 2014
- Version of Record online: 9 JUN 2014
- Accepted manuscript online: 17 AUG 2013 06:59AM EST
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!