nupoint: An R package for density estimation from point transects in the presence of nonuniform animal density
Article first published online: 14 MAY 2013
© 2013 The Authors. Methods in Ecology and Evolution © 2013 British Ecological Society
Methods in Ecology and Evolution
Volume 4, Issue 6, pages 589–594, June 2013
How to Cite
Cox, M. J., Borchers, D. L., Kelly, N. (2013), nupoint: An R package for density estimation from point transects in the presence of nonuniform animal density. Methods in Ecology and Evolution, 4: 589–594. doi: 10.1111/2041-210X.12058
- Issue published online: 7 JUN 2013
- Article first published online: 14 MAY 2013
- Accepted manuscript online: 1 APR 2013 01:15AM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 26 MAR 2013
- Manuscript Received: 21 FEB 2013
- NSF. Grant Number: #06-OPP-33939
- Australian Research Council. Grant Number: FS110200057
- Point transect;
- distance sampling;
- nonuniform distribution;
- road survey;
- shore survey;
- density gradient
- The R package nupoint provides tools for estimating animal density from point transect surveys in which the conventional point transect assumption of uniform animal distribution in the vicinity of the point is violated.
- It includes tools for plotting, model selection, goodness-of-fit testing and simulation.
- This paper describes the main features of the package and illustrates its use by application to two different kinds of survey dataset.