These two authors contributed equally to this work.
Solving the pitfalls of pitfall trapping: a two-circle method for density estimation of ground-dwelling arthropods
Article first published online: 14 AUG 2013
© 2013 The Authors. Methods in Ecology and Evolution © 2013 British Ecological Society
Methods in Ecology and Evolution
Volume 4, Issue 9, pages 865–871, September 2013
How to Cite
Zhao, Z.-H., Shi, P.-J., Hui, C., Ouyang, F., Ge, F., Li, B.-L. (2013), Solving the pitfalls of pitfall trapping: a two-circle method for density estimation of ground-dwelling arthropods. Methods in Ecology and Evolution, 4: 865–871. doi: 10.1111/2041-210X.12083
- Issue published online: 2 SEP 2013
- Article first published online: 14 AUG 2013
- Accepted manuscript online: 20 JUN 2013 08:35AM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 10 JUN 2013
- Manuscript Received: 28 FEB 2013
- State Key Program of National Natural Science of China. Grant Number: 31030012
- National Key Technology R & D Program. Grant Number: 2012BAD19B05
- University of California Agricultural Experiment Station
Appendix S1. R scripts of three functions (‘tc.simulations’, ‘tcm’ and ‘tc.points’) for the two-circle method and its simulation tests.
Appendix S2. R scripts of the function (‘nca’) for testing the nested-cross array proposed by Perner & Schueler (2004).
Appendix S3. Descriptions of study sites.
Appendix S4. Comparisons of estimated densities with known values under different coefficients of variation.
|mee312083-sup-0002-tc.points.txt||plain text document||0K|
|mee312083-sup-0003-tc.simulations.txt||plain text document||5K|
|mee312083-sup-0004-tcm.txt||plain text document||2K|
|mee312083-sup-0005-nca.txt||plain text document||7K|
Please note: Wiley Blackwell is not responsible for the content or functionality of any supporting information supplied by the authors. Any queries (other than missing content) should be directed to the corresponding author for the article.