Incorporating Standardized Nursing Languages Into an Electronic Nursing Documentation System in Korea: A Pilot Study
Article first published online: 23 JUN 2014
© 2014 NANDA International, Inc.
International Journal of Nursing Knowledge
Volume 26, Issue 1, pages 35–42, January 2015
How to Cite
Park, H. and Lee, E. (2015), Incorporating Standardized Nursing Languages Into an Electronic Nursing Documentation System in Korea: A Pilot Study. Int Jnl Nurs Knowledge, 26: 35–42. doi: 10.1111/2047-3095.12038
- Issue published online: 13 JAN 2015
- Article first published online: 23 JUN 2014
- KyungpooK National University
- American Nurses Association. (2006). ANA recognized terminologies and data element sets. Retrieved from http://ana.nursingworld.org/npii/terminologies.htm
- Bulechek, G. M., Butcher, H., & Dochterman, J. M. (Eds.). (2008). Nursing interventions classification (NIC) (5th ed.). St. Louis, MO: Mosby.
- 2012). The usefulness of nursing languages to communication a clinical event. Computers, Informatics, Nursing: CIN, 30, 82–88. (
- 2006). The practical impact of ontologies on biomedical informatics. Yearbook of Medical Informatics, 45(Suppl. 1), 124–135. , & (
- 2006). The benefits of standardized nursing languages in complex adaptive systems such as hospital. Journal of Nursing Administration, 36(9), 426–434. , , , & (
- 2011). Mapping evidence-based guidelines to standardized nursing terminologies. Computers, Informatics, Nursing: CIN, 29, 698–705. , & (
- 1998). A review of major nursing vocabularies and the extent to which they have the characteristics required for implementation in computer-based systems. Journal of the American Medical Informatics Association, 5, 321–328. , , , & (
- 2008). NANDA-I nursing diagnoses: Definitions & classification, 2009–2011. Oxford: Wiley-Blackwell. (
- Johnson, M., Bulechek, G., Butcher, H., Dochterman, J. M., Maas, M., Moorhead, M., & Swanson, E. (Eds.). (2006). NANDA, NOC, and NIC linkages (2nd ed.). St. Louis, MO: Mosby.
- 1999). Use of standardized nursing language will make nursing visible. The Michigan Nurse, 72, 12–13. (
- 2006). Content coverage of SNOMED-CT toward the ICU nursing flowsheets and the acuity indicators. Studies in Health Technology and Informatics, 122, 722–726. , , , & (
- 2006). Mapping of nursing records into the NIC and the ICNP on a Korean oriental medicine hospital. Computers, Informatics, Nursing: CIN, 24(6), 346–352. , , & (
- 2002). Application of a computerized nursing care plan system in one hospital: Experiences in ICU nurses in Taiwan. Journal of Advanced Nursing, 39(1), 61–67. , , & (
- 2008). Selecting a standardized terminology for the electronic health record that reveals the impact of nursing on patient care. Online Journal of Nursing Informatics, 12(2). Retrieved from http://ojni.org/12_2/lundberg.pdf , , , , , , … (June,
- 2006). NANDA diagnoses, NIC interventions, and NOC outcomes used in an electronic health record with elementary school children. Journal of School Nursing, 22, 94–101. (
- 2005). Advocating for standardized nursing languages in electronic health records. Journal of Nursing Administration, 35, 1–3. , , , , & (
- Moorhead, S., Johnson, M., Maas, M., & Swanson, E. (Eds.). (2008). Nursing outcomes classification (NOC) (4th ed.). St. Louis, MO: Mosby.
- NANDA-International (Ed.). (2009). Nursing diagnoses: Definition & classification 2009–2011 (8th ed.). Philadelphia: Author.
- 2008). Standardized nursing language: What does it mean for nursing practice? Online Journal of Issues in Nursing, 13(1). Retrieved from http://www.nursingworld.org/MainMenuCategories/ThePracticeofProfessionalNursing/Health-IT/StandardizedNursingLanguage.html (
- 2010). Alliance for nursing informatics statement to the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation Initiative on the future of nursing: Acute care, focusing on the area of technology. Computers, Informatics, Nursing: CIN, 28, 63–67. (
- 2007). Putting policy into practice: Pre-posttests of implementing standardized languages for nursing documentation. Journal of Clinical Nursing, 16, 1826–1838. (
- 2009). Terminology use in electronic health records: Basic principles. Urologic Nursing, 29, 321–326. , , , , , & (
- 2006). Nursing informatics for the 21st century: An international look at practice, trends and the future. Chicago: HIMSS. , , , & (
- 1998). Identification of the nursing minimum data set. New York: Springer. , & (
- 1995). The nursing minimum data set (NMDS). A framework for the organization of nursing language in ANA. An emerging framework: Data system advance for clinical nursing practice. Washington, DC: American Nurses Publishing. , , & (
- 2008). Nursing standards to support the electronic health record. Nursing Outlook, 56, 258.e1–266.e1. , , , & (