This very interesting study compares outer membrane protein sequences in a number of Neisseria meningitidis serogroup. A disease and carriage isolates from a defined region or subsaharan Africa between 2002 and 2008. It concludes that there is a remarkable antigenic stability in this population and that herd immunity is not a strong driving force for antigenic diversification. The study is well conceived and carried out, the results are clearly presented and the conclusions pertinent. This is important and useful information
Lack of antigenic diversification of major outer membrane proteins during clonal waves of Neisseria meningitidis serogroup A colonization and disease
Article first published online: 28 NOV 2012
© 2012 Federation of European Microbiological Societies. Published by Blackwell Publishing Ltd. All rights reserved
Pathogens and Disease
Volume 67, Issue 1, pages 4–10, February 2013
How to Cite
Huber, C. A., Pflüger, V., Hamid, A.-W. M., Forgor, A. A., Hodgson, A., Sié, A., Junghanss, T. and Pluschke, G. (2013), Lack of antigenic diversification of major outer membrane proteins during clonal waves of Neisseria meningitidis serogroup A colonization and disease. Pathogens and Disease, 67: 4–10. doi: 10.1111/2049-632X.12000
- Issue published online: 12 FEB 2013
- Article first published online: 28 NOV 2012
- Accepted manuscript online: 19 OCT 2012 06:20AM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 21 AUG 2012
- Manuscript Revised: 17 AUG 2012
- Manuscript Received: 16 JAN 2012
- Volkswagen Foundation
Options for accessing this content:
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!