This study investigates the response of human blood mononuclear cells (PBMCs) to a cord-forming strain of Mycobacterium abscessus. A fibrous chromatin-like meshwork containing DNA and histones is produced by the PBMCs, perhaps as a defense mechanism against other invaders. Overall very nicely done and with well-illustrated results.
Cord-forming mycobacteria induce DNA meshwork formation by human peripheral blood mononuclear cells
Version of Record online: 15 NOV 2012
© 2012 Federation of European Microbiological Societies. Published by Blackwell Publishing Ltd. All rights reserved
Pathogens and Disease
Volume 67, Issue 1, pages 54–66, February 2013
How to Cite
Jönsson, B. E., Bylund, J., Johansson, B. R., Telemo, E. and Wold, A. E. (2013), Cord-forming mycobacteria induce DNA meshwork formation by human peripheral blood mononuclear cells. Pathogens and Disease, 67: 54–66. doi: 10.1111/2049-632X.12007
- Issue online: 12 FEB 2013
- Version of Record online: 15 NOV 2012
- Accepted manuscript online: 19 OCT 2012 06:22AM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 17 SEP 2012
- Manuscript Revised: 30 AUG 2012
- Manuscript Received: 8 JUN 2012
- Swedish Research Council
- The Sahlgrenska University Hospital
- The Göteborg Medical Society and The Oscar & Hanna Björkbom Foundation
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!