E.A. and J.E.C. are joint senior authors.
Colonization of gerbils with Helicobacter pylori O-chain-deficient mutant SS1 HP0826::Kan results in gastritis and is associated with de novo synthesis of extended homopolymers
Article first published online: 25 FEB 2013
© 2013 Federation of European Microbiological Societies. Published by Blackwell Publishing Ltd. All rights reserved
Pathogens and Disease
Volume 67, Issue 2, pages 91–99, March 2013
How to Cite
Chandan, V., Jeremy, A. H.T., Dixon, M. F., Altman, E. and Crabtree, J. E. (2013), Colonization of gerbils with Helicobacter pylori O-chain-deficient mutant SS1 HP0826::Kan results in gastritis and is associated with de novo synthesis of extended homopolymers. Pathogens and Disease, 67: 91–99. doi: 10.1111/2049-632X.12021
This article investigates the role of lipopolysaccharide O-antigen in Helicobacter pylori colonization and gastritis in Mongolian gerbils, with contrasting findings to those in mouse models, and indicates that adaptation in LPS polysaccharide composition may promote H. pylori infection.
- Issue published online: 11 MAR 2013
- Article first published online: 25 FEB 2013
- Accepted manuscript online: 22 JAN 2013 04:57AM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 28 DEC 2012
- Manuscript Revised: 5 DEC 2012
- Manuscript Received: 2 OCT 2012
- Sixth Research Framework Programme of the European Union. Grant Number: LSHC-CT-2005-018704
Options for accessing this content:
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!