Vibrio cholerae continues to be a major disease worldwide and requires improved vaccines. This study reports the use of an experimental Vibrio cholerae Inaba LPS-protein conjugate vaccine and shows that pmLPS is a superior immunogen and a viable potential vaccine candidate.
Acid-detoxified Inaba lipopolysaccharide (pmLPS) is a superior cholera conjugate vaccine immunogen than hydrazine-detoxified lipopolysaccharide and induces vibriocidal and protective antibodies
Article first published online: 25 FEB 2013
© 2013 Federation of European Microbiological Societies. Published by Blackwell Publishing Ltd. All rights reserved
Pathogens and Disease
Volume 67, Issue 2, pages 136–158, March 2013
How to Cite
Grandjean, C., Wade, T. K., Ropartz, D., Ernst, L. and Wade, W. F. (2013), Acid-detoxified Inaba lipopolysaccharide (pmLPS) is a superior cholera conjugate vaccine immunogen than hydrazine-detoxified lipopolysaccharide and induces vibriocidal and protective antibodies. Pathogens and Disease, 67: 136–158. doi: 10.1111/2049-632X.12022
- Issue published online: 11 MAR 2013
- Article first published online: 25 FEB 2013
- Accepted manuscript online: 25 JAN 2013 10:16AM EST
- Manuscript Revised: 7 JAN 2013
- Manuscript Accepted: 7 JAN 2013
- Manuscript Received: 26 OCT 2012
Options for accessing this content:
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!