This study was supported by a grant from the Health Resources and Services Administration, (EMS-C Targeted Issues) grant H34MC10575-01-01.
Original Research Contribution
A Novel Image-based Tool to Reunite Children With Their Families After Disasters
Article first published online: 20 NOV 2012
© 2012 by the Society for Academic Emergency Medicine
Academic Emergency Medicine
Volume 19, Issue 11, pages 1227–1234, November 2012
How to Cite
ACADEMIC EMERGENCY MEDICINE 2012; 19, 1227–1234 © 2012 by the Society for Academic Emergency Medicine
The authors have no relevant financial information or potential conflicts of interest to disclose.
- Issue published online: 20 NOV 2012
- Article first published online: 20 NOV 2012
- Manuscript Accepted: 2 JUL 2012
- Manuscript Revised: 5 JUN 2012
- Manuscript Received: 27 FEB 2012
- 1Institute of Medicine of the National Academy of Sciences, Board on Health Services. Emergency Care for Children - Growing Pains. Washington DC: National Academies Press, 2007, pp 221–44.
- 2U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. National Commission on Children and Disasters, 2010 Report to the President and Congress. Available at: http://cybercemetery.unt.edu/archive/nccd/20110426214356/http://www.acf.hhs.gov/ohsepr/nccdreport/index.html. Accessed Aug 15, 2012.
- 3World Health Organization. Country Office for Maldives. Unaccompanied and Separated Children in the Tsunami-Affected Countries: Guiding Principles. Available at: http://www.who.org.mv/EN/Section40/Section41_56.htm. Accessed Aug 15, 2012.
- 4National Advisory Committee on Children and Terrorism 2003. Recommendations to the Secretary. Available at: http://www.bt.cdc.gov/children/PDF/working/Recommend.pdf. Accessed Aug 15, 2012., , , et al.
- 8Federal Emergency Management Agency. Individual Assistance: National Emergency Child Locator Center. Available at: http://www.fema.gov/individual-assistance-program-tools/individualassistancenational-emergency-child-locator-center. Accessed Aug 15, 2012.
- 9Pediatric issues in disaster management, part 2: evacuation centers and family separation/reunifcation. Am J Disaster Med. 2010; 3:149–62., , , et al.
- 10Reuniting children with their families during disasters: a proposed plan for greater success. Am J Disaster Med. 2007; 2:113–7., .
- 11Finding Lost Children (Dissertation). Available at: http://www.eecs.berkeley.edu/Pubs/TechRpts/2010/EECS-2010-174.pdf. Accessed Aug 15, 2012..
- 17Family reunification–concepts and challenges. Clin Pediatr Emerg Med. 2009; 10:195–207..
- 20The role of non-governmental organisations in the management of separated and unaccompanied children, following disasters in Iran. BMC Res Notes. 2010; 3:e256., .
- 21San Francisco Department of Emergency Management. 72 hours.org. Available at: http://72hours.org/pdf/72Hours.pdf. Accessed Aug 15, 2012.