A full list of breakout session participants is available in Appendix A
The Current State of Core Competency Assessment in Emergency Medicine and a Future Research Agenda: Recommendations of the Working Group on Assessment of Observable Learner Performance
Version of Record online: 26 DEC 2012
© 2012 by the Society for Academic Emergency Medicine
Academic Emergency Medicine
Special Issue: 2012 AEM Consensus Conference Special Issue: Education Research in Emergency Medicine: Opportunities, Challenges, and Strategies for Success. Guest Editors: John Burton, Terry Kowalenko, Richard Lammers
Volume 19, Issue 12, pages 1354–1359, December 2012
How to Cite
ACADEMIC EMERGENCY MEDICINE 2012; 19: 1354–1359 © 2012 by the Society for Academic Emergency Medicine
This paper reports on a workshop session of the 2012 Academic Emergency Medicine consensus conference, “Education Research in Emergency Medicine: Opportunities, Challenges, and Strategies for Success,” May 9, 2012, Chicago, IL.
The authors have no relevant financial information or potential conflicts of interest to disclose.
- Issue online: 26 DEC 2012
- Version of Record online: 26 DEC 2012
- Manuscript Accepted: 2 JUL 2012
- Manuscript Received: 1 JUL 2012
- 1Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education. Common Program Requirements. Available at: http://www.acgme-2010standards.org/pdf/Common_Program_Requirements_07012011.pdf. Accessed Dec 9, 2012.
- 4Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada. CanMEDS 2005 Framework. Available at: http://www.med.uottawa.ca/sim/data/CanMEDS%202005%20Framework.pdf. Accessed Sep 20, 2012.
- 11Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education. Toolbox of Assessment Methods. Available at: http://sklad.cumc.columbia.edu/acgme/toolbox/toolbox46/acgme_toolbox.pdf. Accessed Sep 20, 2012.
- 12Validity and its threats. In: Dowing SM, Yudkowsky R (eds). Assessment in Health Professions Education. New York, NY: Routledge, 2009, pp 21–55., .
- 16Reliability. In: Dowing SM, Yudkowsky R (eds). Assessment in Health Professions Education. New York, NY: Routledge, 2009, pp 57–73., .