The list of breakout session participants can be found as the appendix of a related article on page 1486.
Assessing Medical Knowledge of Emergency Medicine Residents
Version of Record online: 16 DEC 2012
© 2012 by the Society for Academic Emergency Medicine
Academic Emergency Medicine
Special Issue: 2012 AEM Consensus Conference Special Issue: Education Research in Emergency Medicine: Opportunities, Challenges, and Strategies for Success. Guest Editors: John Burton, Terry Kowalenko, Richard Lammers
Volume 19, Issue 12, pages 1360–1365, December 2012
How to Cite
ACADEMIC EMERGENCY MEDICINE 2012; 19: 1360–1365 © 2012 by the Society for Academic Emergency Medicine
This paper reports on a workshop session of the 2012 Academic Emergency Medicine consensus conference, “Education Research in Emergency Medicine: Opportunities, Challenges, and Strategies for Success,” May 9, 2012, Chicago, IL.
The authors have no relevant financial information or potential conflicts of interest to disclose.
- Issue online: 26 DEC 2012
- Version of Record online: 16 DEC 2012
- Manuscript Accepted: 28 JUN 2012
- Manuscript Received: 26 JUN 2012
- 3Council of Emergency Medicine Residency Directors. Outcome assessment in emergency medicine--a beginning: results of the Council of Emergency Medicine Residency Directors (CORD) emergency medicine consensus workgroup on outcome assessment. Acad Emerg Med. 2008; 15:267–77., , , , ,
- 4Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education. ACGME Program Requirements for Graduate Medical Education in Emergency Medicine. Common Program Requirements. Available at: https://www.acgme.org/acgmeweb/Portals/0/PFAssets/ProgramRequirements/110emergencymed07012007.pdf. Accessed Nov 3, 2012.
- 5Report of the CanMEDS Phase IV Working Groups. Ottawa, Canada: The Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada, 2005., (eds).
- 10American Board of Medical Specialties. Research Bibliography. Available at: http://www.certificationmatters.org/research-supports-benefits-of-board-certification/research-bibliography.aspx. Accessed Sep 12, 2012.
- 17Evaluating Training Programs: The Four Levels. San Francisco, CA: Berrett-Koehler Publishers, 1998..
- 182012 In-Training Examination Results. East Lansing, MI: American Board of Emergency Medicine, April 2012., .
- 19Outcome measures for emergency medicine residency graduates: do measures of academic and clinical performance during residency training correlate with American Board of Emergency Medicine test performance? Acad Emerg Med. 2011; 18(Suppl 2):S59–64., , , .
- 24COMLEX-USA and in-service examination scores: tools for evaluating medical knowledge among residents. J Am Osteopathic Assoc. 2008; 108:713–6., , .
- 37Computer-based case simulations from medicine; assessing skills in patient management. In: Tekian A, McGuire C, Clauser BE (eds). Innovative Simulations for Assessing Professional Competence: from Paper-and-pencil to Virtual Reality. Chicago, IL: University of Illinois, Department of Medical Education, 1999, pp 29–41., , .
- 40American Board of Internal Medicine. Mini-CEX. Available at: http://www.abim.org/program-directors-administrators/assessment-tools/mini-cex.aspx. Accessed Sep 12, 2012.
- 52Demonstration of Portfolios to Assess Competency of Residents. Final Project Report. Philadelphia, PA: National Board of Medical Examiners, 2002..